Friday, October 25, 2013
Goal: (3.1) Demonstrate competency in traditional and new art media
- Soft Pastel Techniques
Blending, crosshatching, stippling, turned on its side, etc.
Goal: (4.2) Communication through advanced visual methods is a necessary skill in everyday art
Still Life- a painting or drawing of inanimate objects
- Today we will create a study or “rough draft.”
- Use the viewfinder to plan out your design (composition). Make it so that it attracts the viewer and pulls them in. Consider space and balance.
- Lightly sketch the basic shapes and design onto your paper.
- When you are ready, you will begin your final on 12″ x 18″ paper, looking closely at where the light hits the objects, shading accordingly.
Goal: (1.2) Historical and cultural context are found in visual art
Goal: (1.3) Art and design have purpose and function
- Black and White Photography Quiz on Ch. 1, 3, &4
- What does SLR stand for?
- If you are looking at the back of the camera, what side do you load the film cassette into?
- What two settings on the camera control light?
- Name the four characteristics of film.
- What is the setting for aperture called?
- What is depth of field?
- Is f/2 the most or least amount of light that can reach the film?
- Practice rolling film while watch Richard Avedon movie